Moving on in life...

Where does one go from here?

I have re-thought my directions in life in the past 1 month, and for some of my friends, they think it is pretty drastic. Some support me, but there are others who think that I am giving up on a lot of potential. That I do not crave any high-flying job that could take me places, nor do I desire to pursue a writing career in future.

Well, perhaps they have never really understood me all this while...

For those who do not understand me, perhaps they should realise that for me, happiness and fulfillment in life in more important than anything else in the world. Those are what I live for.

Yes, I did get that interview, but I already did not want the job, for by then, I had decided that I'd want to spend the rest of my life with my special someone, and am willing to give up everything else just to be with him, even if it means giving up everything in this city I've called home for almost 20 years, and moving across the seas just to be with him. Because - he is love. He is true bliss. And this is more important than anything else in life.

Someone asked me, "so what do you want in life?"

I replied, "I want to be a good woman for my man...a good housewife, a good mother, a good companion, best friend, lover, the soulmate in life...I want to be happy, make him happy and grow old with him."

And really, I mean it.

I pledge to be a good wife, good mother to his children, and live a meaningful life that becomes more beautiful as we grow in love as time goes on. I hope to still be able to hold his hand as we walk even if I am 70 years old, and full of wrinkles.

I hope to really give him happiness and pure love, as he has given me. Life's so short. I have traversed like almost half a lifetime to discover true love...manifested in the form of ES. He's what I live for and I can't live without him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
methinks this ES man in your life only exists in your mind !!
Anonymous said…
prove me wrong - publish a foto of "Him"
Caroline Ang said…
Ah...there's no need to prove...as long as we are happy, and brighten the lives of those around us.
Anonymous said…
the world is such a foolish place, that it cannot be sincerely happy for one who can be happy with just the simplest things in life, such as love, which at the end of our time... is what really make up our breath, our life. sigh! if I were you, I would pack my bags and fly to him this moment and live... truly live attached to his soul. why wait another second. what is there to wait, for if tommorow never comes?
Anonymous said…
go pack yr bags and leave now straight into his arms, what in the world is worth waitting for? or worth keeping you away from him. every second passess and If I were you... I would be there in his arms tonight and every other nite of my life, GIRL!!!!!
Caroline Ang said…
I wish I could...if not for my present commitments in life...but believe me, I am really trying my best to settle things here and move over to him as soon as possible.