Musings

The other day I was taking a foreign guest of our company on a day out around Kuala Lumpur. He had been here for a week, but never even stepped into a local attraction. It seems so sad. To be in Malaysia but not able to experience the sights and sounds of our country.

Our first stop was Central Market, where I for one, was thrilled to see the colourful potpourri of things on offer. After so many years of not visiting Central Market, so many memories, came back again. I am a collector of arts deep in my heart. Wish I could amassing my collections again. It seems so sad that in 2003 August, I had to give up so many precious pieces during my crisis. I miss my cat sculptures, I remember how heavy they were and yet I walked thrugged a long way to carry them back to Malaysia.

Then we saw an artist, his own little corner was filled with fabulous pastel sketches of characters, young and old. Mehdi, he's from Morocco, took out this small little passport sized pic from his wallet. It was his son, about 4 years old, I think. And the artist, his name is Ronnie, was willing to draw the child's pic for just RM70. When it was done, after about an hour or more, the resemblance was really striking. It seemed the pic, reproduced many times larger, seemed to bring out the child's vibrant personality more than ever.

Should I have done of myself, so that when I am old and frail, I'd remember that this is, etched forever on a piece of paper, at a time when I am not so young and not so old. In fact, it seems that now at 38, time's catching up on me. And I need to do what I want to do, instead of pleasing others.

That day, I went again to the Petronas Art Gallery, again, after such a long absence. It seems the images of life's creative forces have once again made an impact on me. Whatever happened to my dreams of being a writer, painter and photographer? Have I forgotten about them, and thrown them away?

What do I want to do? Where do I want to go? Can my present lifestyle suffice? I am still in a limbo, always in doubt. Perhaps I should really sit down and think all over.

Life's short, Carol.

Comments

J.p. said…
Sony debuts Vaio FJ in red and blue
Sony's Vaio FJ in basic black and white not doing it for you? Then check out the red and blue versions, which Sony will ship in at least some markets early next year.
I have a At Home Opportunities site/blog. It pretty much covers At Home Opportunities related stuff.