Budding ballerinas and cute craftsmen

Went with my friend M to an art centre to enquire about oil painting. Yeah, 2 adult women here are thinking of dabbling with paint and brushes on a canvas block.
But what I saw in a bustling art centre was just amazing. Hmmm...no adult students, just parents waiting patiently for their kids.

Yep, this centre teaches just about everything for kids....from painting, clay-making to crafts to ballet (those little girls in their pink costumes and padded shoes were just trying to be graceful despite their child-like gawkiness and you can't help wondering at their poise despite being as young as 5 years old (I don't think I can do that!).

It is a bustling business really. Some of these kids have come for more than 2 year and, sometimes on weekdays and weekends. I remember when I was a kid about 5, all I knew was to hide under a table and play paper dolls with the girl next door, E. Nothing sophisticated like ballet or seeing a cute decorative item coming to life under my clumsy hands.

What about the kids today? Sometimes I wonder if they have time to breathe...with all these extra classes they go to...especially when they are of school-going age. Seeing kids laden with heavy school bags, rushing through school and then being sent for tuition classes and then piano lessons, art classes etc etc. Perhaps when they grow up, they are already accustomed to a hectic lifestyle and not understand what is it to relax to a meandering pastime.

Well, let's wait and see.

Comments