Career turnaround

It's kinda strange where life brings us. Take my career for instance.

I took ICSA because it was the fastest route to a degree if anyone passed straight sets, of which I did. Finished it in 1.5 years compared to the norm of 3 years (am I kinda intelligent? hahahha) and graduated with a professsional degree to be a company secretary. But you know what? The job was too monotonous for me, and I ended up in advertising, after writing a poem of love at an exotic Indian wedding.

After 10 years as an advertising creative who also doubled up as a writer, account manager and production control....I thought that it was time to pack up and venture into the corporate world, ending up as a marketing communications manager for a couple of companies....from industries ranging from health and beauty to tyres!

And somehow in 2007...16 years after I graduated, next week I will go back to the advertising industry. What holds there for me?

Too many things have changed in my life and that's good enough for a book...(but that's another story).

There's bound to be trepidation yet excitement when I go onboard this company, which is somewhat high profile as the chairman is closely related to our Prime Minister. I have to perform, and being in the position that I am hired, I need to be outstanding!

Can I do it? Do I have the guts and tenacity as well as spirit to go forward yet keeping all the values I am known for? This is indeed a challenge. I value the opportunity and will work hard.

Comments