Don't give up. You are loved.

Just saw Josh Groban and his amazing vocals on MTV. The visual renditions and his inspiring lyrics have given me more faith and confidence in the future.

Music is more powerful than we think. As we listen to the lyrics even as we go around our daily lives, it seems that music can really mould our minds and perceptions. The right song can bring us up when we are down - the combination of vocals and instrumentals just give us the lift we need.

And now, I really have to share Josh Groban's lyrics here. Even if you cannot hear the song right now, just immerse yourself in the words. They do mean something.

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When you're heart's heavy I, I will lift it for you
Don't give up Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you I, I will break it for you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up. Because you are loved
Don't give up. It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside I, I'll be there to find you
Don't give up. Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you I, I will shine to guide you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up, Because you are loved
You are loved. Aaaah.
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up, Everyone needs to be heard
YOU ARE LOVED

Hmmm....does it sound like a message from God? Or perhaps, your inner voice calling out to yourself?

Whichever, have faith. Nurture hope. Things can get better, no matter how bad they seem. Your inner self is always around for you. Just don't let it linger in the shadows.

Comments