Negativity can hurt

Was chatting to a long lost friend today and it seemed that things had changed over a span of one year. Seemed he'd become so cynical, it's so sad.

He said all women he knew were bitches who wanted to get laid and that he didn't have any friends. I said he should go and get to know others from other social environments. But he was just ranting that no one cares for him etc.

He is having an affair with a married woman and does not think it is wrong because she pays for the hotel bills and she is the one who approached him. I asked him what would happen to her children and husband, and that he was an "accomplice" to the affair. She said if her husband asked, he would say he didn't know she was married.

It's kinda sad because I cannot help this friend, despite whatever I'd say, he'd always foug nd something to counter me. And I sense his negativity is getting him down, the longer this prevails, the worse the harm could possibly be. He'd have the potential of lashing at women because of his distrust and distaste for them.

Indeed a dilemmna.

Comments