New year, new beginnings

Finally the year has come to an end and the new year has begun. In a tradition that I never thought of doing, I went with my friends to a street party. In the past, I used to just stay home or hang out in a nice party place i.e. hotel, pub, disco etc.

This time, after undergoing a tumultous year, I thought of seeing things with a wider perspective. Hence, braving the crowds and jams at The Curve.

Hordes of people were here, from youngsters to families to absolutely everyone. Located smack right in the centre between 4 shopping centres, the location was a sure winner.

It was such a wonderful carnival atmosphere, complete with special performances from your favourite local celebrities susch as Reshmonu, Jaclyn Victor, Nitrus, 6ixthSense as well as Djs from radion stations Hitz.FM and Mix.FM.

If only we (6 of us lasses) had the chance to go on the rides but sadly, not all were in unison, so I had to pass that up. It was kiddies and never-grow-old-kids carnival atmosphere with the Train ride, Super Jet and Inflatable games like Fun Jungle, Turtle Bouncer and the Army Eliminator!

And of course, what's the most important part of it all? As the clock struck 12, everyone was screaming Happy New Year and then the fireworks started. For one who has seen many fireworks displays before including the Millennium big bang, somehow the several minutes of sparkles this time around mesmerised me.

There was shower upon shower of scintillating fireworks, each one transforming into glittering stars, some were so sensational, you could feel them as if glowing as they came closer.

The amazing display inspired my innermost thoughts...like I was reaching for the sky, as if things could become vibrant again. I dreamed of paradise regained, I saw infinite possibilities to life and happiness, I told myself that I am beautiful and a good person, and that at any time, I must never ever compromise on values. In short, I visualised a future ahead.

Indeed, life is as we dictate. There may be challenges, but with every trial and barrier, we learn to be wiser and more mature. 2007 carries forth hope. And I embrace its good tidings with passion and yes, I must strive to make things better too. It all begins within.

Comments