Working lives

Was just thinking about myself and the 2 siblings here in Kuala Lumpur. We all work oh-so-hard, and sometimes I ask, do we have a life?

Been going to the office early these few weeks, (it's a temp job as I start work in the new company next week) arriving around 7.45 am, and then leaving like 9 or later. I bring work home too, multi-tasking as I watch tv, surf the net and the occasional chat.

I have seen my brother working late, staying overnight many times of the week and working weekends, including Sundays.

My sister and her husband work long hours into midnight almost daily, sometimes also working on weekends.

It actually seems a bit unhealthy. Hmmm, do we have a "life", friends, family that we meet or call? I guess life should be more balanced. Today's busy lifestyle is so hectic...long working hours, stress at work and home, peer pressure and the competitive nature that you see even in those young kids.

Kinda sad really. We should really relook at our priorities and do something about that. Live life better, relax more, take time to look at the world around us.

Well, let's get started right this moment!

Comments