The lotus tattoo, imprinted dreams...

5 years ago when I recklessly went under the sharp jabs of the semi-drugged tattoist in Bali and chose the Lotus flower on my arm, all I thought about was what the tattoo represented.

For me, the lotus is the universal icon of purity in love. To be in love, to dwell within its embrace, to love with a passion that can never be surmounted, love that conquers everything, love that lasts forever, love that's continually growing stronger with each passing time. Am I naive? Yes and No.

Yes, because I may sometimes forget the harsh realities of life. No, because I truly believe that love is the epitome of life. And even though, some relationships may not work, there's always hope that the next one will. For that is the power of love, from which hope is born, for without that, one will wallow in self pity and utter misery.

Back to the tattoo, as deeply etched as it is (yes, mine was done very traditionally...nope, no airbrushing, so there was more blood droplets, and it's much deeper, that the finger can actually trace its outline and feel its texture.), I was shopping for clothes today, and realised that with the tattoo being so "outstanding", it has become an uphill task to find working clothes in the styles I wanted but which also had sleeves long enough to cover this beautfiul tattoo.

I pause for a while, and let my eyes, shut as they are, yet with vivid memories of the lotus, trace its outline, and tell myself, that this tattoo is forever, as I do seek a metamorphosis of my life that will be perennial unto time, too.

Comments