Perfectly imperfect

Yes...whatever you call it...I have lost my voice, and that's like after a lapse of 3 years.

Perhaps it means that I have been overtaxing myself the last 2 weeks, averaging like 3-4 hours of sleep daily. And it doesn't make it any better that I am supposed to have an important second telephone interview with one of the world's largest market intelligence company...a call that I have been waiting for more than a month and it's really a regional position that I am interested in.

The last 2 months weren't easy for me and I don't want to blog about it. Probably the year before that was even more trying. But I survived, and perhaps scraped out on time although a few may think I gave up on what was possibly the most luxurious future I could ever get. Well, I made the decision, and got back my life, my free spirit and personal confidence.

But well, despite my "bubbly" demeanour, it's like I am trying so hard to brace myself to be positive and strong despite the barriers I am facing.

But then, life is short and with so many things happening to us around the world today, there're most awareness of what needs to be done and expedited, and perhaps, the sense of urgency prevails in so many projects I am embarking on.

Ah, I am getting a bit melancholic again. Shakira is singing her nonchalant song, "Don't bother", I have always liked this "I don't care" attitude about her. It reminds me I am only human, just another lass in this world.

As I think further, I do wish that people do not expect so much of me. I have had a different life since young, challenges after challenges. I didn't have my parents with me the first 6 years of my life and then on, my experiences were different from the masses.

The path I had trodden is different from most people, and yet, there's so much asked from me even today. I am not Miss Perfect but am just another vulnerable woman trying to live life albeit in my own way, perhaps also questing for happiness and fulfillment along the way.

I am just me, perfectly imperfect.

Shakira sang so close to heart about being ok..."I'll be fine", and not being about Miss Perfect in this song. Not that I am suffering from any broken heart, probably I was the one who broke more hearts over the years, and although I have made a couple of mistakes on not accepting the affections of some who were really sincere, but perhaps, I really know what I want in love and in life. It's that, or not. Or perhaps, I just run away when I am unhappy.

Don't Bother (Shakira)

She's got the kind of look that defies gravity
She's the greatest cook
And she's fat free
She's been to private school
And she speaks perfect French
She's got the perfect friends
Oh isn't she cool
She practices Tai Chi
She'd never lose her nerve
She's more than you deserve
She's just far better than me

Hey, hey
So don't botherI won't die of deception
I promise you won't ever see me cry
Don't feel sorry
And don't bother
I'll be fine
But she's waiting
The ring you gave to her will lose its shine
So don't bother, be unkind
I'm sure she doesn't know
How to touch you like I would
I beat her at that one good
Don't you think so?
She's almost six feet tall
She must think I'm a flea
I'm really a cat you see
And it's not my last life at all

Hey, hey
So don't botherI won't die of deception
I promise you won't ever see me cry
Don't feel sorry
Don't botherI'll be fine
But she's waiting
The ring you gave to her will lose its shine
So don't bother, be unkind
For you, I'd give up all I own
And move to a communist country
If you came with me, of course
And I'd file my nails so they don't hurt you
And lose those pounds, and learn about football
If it made you stay, but you won't, but you won't
So don't bother,I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine
Promise you won't ever see me cry
And after all I'm glad that I'm not your type
Promise you won't ever see me cry
Don't bother, I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine
Promise you won't ever see me cry
And after all I'm glad that I'm not your type
Promise you won't ever see me cry

Comments