Thoughts about raindrops

While coming out of the pharmacy to get some stuff for this incessant cough, fever and flu, I saw an eaterie and suddenly felt a bit hungry.

And dining alfresco, from my sugar-free lime juice to the noodles, I was relaxed. Then I felt a little tingling on my skin, and there were these little droplets of rain drops grazing my skin, so tiny, so gentle, and almost invisible, and perhaps, like a soft caress.

Thinking further, I remember that I do like the rain. I have always wondered how rain was created, the little pitter patter they made on surfaces, especially when it was gentle rain, perhaps falling at an angled degree so distinct you could see its silhouette.

Once, when I was a little upset, I had run out in the rain, and looked all around me. There it was, falling in its glory, becoming one with my droplets of tears and making me look like a washed out cat (that's what my Persian cat used to look like when I bathed her....well, she's now with an adoring family who has someone at home 24/7 to attend to her high and mighty ways...perhaps I had spoilt her too much. Ah now, I miss this cat, as she used to massage my tummy with her paws, and was perfectly quiet, resting beside me in bed.).

But back to the rain drops, the rain drops on a day, when one gazes out of the window and looks forward, is simply inspiring. I gaze and see nothingness except the lifting and weaving of the lilting curtain of water, perhaps alive in a dance of their own. The rain inspires, yet when it becomes too strong, it becames overpowering, and thus interferes with nature's natural landscapes, threatening lives and properties.

The rain, in its cooling splendour, is simply graceful and gentle. And that's what I like about raindrops. For here, at least.

Comments