Life without sleep

Yes, it's like 3.48 am on a Friday morning and despite my dreary, sleep-infused eyes and dark circles, I do not have the privilege of getting to sleep. Am exhausted but well, am taking a break from work (at home on the sofa with sweet melodies from the TV keeping me company)...at least not office work this time but my freelance stuff...

Am thinking about this 26-year old young girl from Singapore who recently collapsed after an 8-hour non-stop span of sitting on the sofa with her notebook on her lap (sigh...kinda reminds me of myself), who after days of complaining of dizziness and breathlessness (same kind of symptoms I was experiencing off and on these couple of months) and well, she has passed away. Prior to that, she had written in her blog of her stress and the fact that work was overloaded...(sigh again...like mine). An only child with a mom who's a packer in a supermarket, all she wanted to do was to earn more money to take her mom on a holiday, and now it's all over.

I don't want to end up like her, and so I tell myself, go take a break...go walk around, enjoy a fruit, blend a smoothie, stretch yourself and lie down awhile, even if it's for a few minutes, go freshen up with a cooling face mask or a gentle self massage on the calves...therefore a zillion possibilities to take a 5-minute break from sitting still facing the notebook. And yes, the eyes need a rest from the glaring screen too.

Sometimes I do ask myself, why am I working so hard? But well, I know the reason, the commitments to the banks...thanks to a mistake of trusting someone too much in the past and allowing my name to be used. Well, it's a mistake that's lasted for a few years and I'd have to bear with it for a couple years more and it'll be over.

People do tell me that they think I am doing very well in my work and freelance career. Technically, I am...I know...but well, sometimes life just doesn't go the way we want, but as long as we resolve our problems by ourselves, and learn from the mistakes, there's always a way out...

Life...what gives? I always ask myself, and tell myself, it's not so bad after all....I am indeed blessed compared to a lot of people.

"PROVERBS 3:19-26
19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
20 By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken."